Penn State Alumni Association - Philly Chapter
Sherwood Park Community Development Corporation
Center for Lesbian and Gay Civil Rights
Camden Children's Garden
ALS Hope Foundation
Alzheimer's Association, Southeast Pa
American Heart Association
American Liver Foundation Delaware Valley Chapter
Easter Seals Southeastern Pa
March of Dimes - Pa Chapter SE Pa Div.
Multiple Sclerosis Society - Greater Delaware Valley Chapter
Philadelphia Race for the Cure
4 Paws For A Cure: Philly Paws Walk
The Voice Foundation
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Youth Service, Inc.
South Philadelphia Young Republicans
Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau
Sunoco Welcome America!
World Affairs Council of Philadelphia
Corvette Club of Delaware Valley
The Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education
For More Local Area Organizations
- AIA Philadelphia
Hope is on the Horizon
117 South 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- a Chapter of The American Institute of Architects, is an association that represents nearly 1,300 member architects and related professionals within four southeastern Pennsylvania counties, including Philadelphia, Chester County, Delaware County and Montgomery County. Founded in 1869, AIA Philadelphia is among the oldest and most distinguished of AIA Chapters, with a long history of service to members and the public.
- Website: www.aiaphila.org
- ALS Hope Foundation
Hope is on the Horizon
Phone: 215-551-0967, Fax: 215-762-8634;
ALS Hope Foundation, 219 North Broad Street,Seventh Floor, P.O. Box 40777, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The mission of the ALS Hope Foundation is to provide secure and long-term financial support to programs for basic and clinical research leading to a cure for ALS, to clinical centers of excellence dedicated to the care and treatment of people with ALS, and for educaiton about ALS research and the research process.
- ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: commonly called Lou Gehrig's Disease) is a degenerative disease of the nervous system that leads to progressive weakness. It affects people of all ages and all races.
- Over time, people with ALS lose their ability to walk, grasp, speak and swallow. When breathing becomes involved, the person with ALS will die without the support of a breathing machine. The typical life span is two to five years following the diagnosis. Although there is no cure yet, there is treatment.
- Programs: Fund Raising, Ask the Doctor, Newsletters, Center of Hope
- Website: www.alshopefoundation.org
- Alzheimer's Association, Southeastern PA Chapter
Someone To Stand By You
Phone: (215) 925-3220 0r 800-272-3900;
325 Chestnut Street, Suite 1120, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Description: Provides educational and informational support to individuals coping with Alzheimer's disease or a related disorder and their caregivers.
- Programs: 24/7/365 Helpline/Contact Center, Support Groups, Professional Training And Counseling, Newsletters, Speakers Bureau, Safe Return Program for Wanderers, Care Coordination, Multicultural Outreach
- Office hours: Mon- Fri 9 am to 5 pm
Helpline/Contact Center 24 hous per day 365 days per year
- American Liver Foundation Delaware Valley Chapter
111 Presidential Blvd., Suite 214, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
- Description: National nonprofit organization dedicated to the prevention, cure, and treatment of hepatitis and liver diseases through research, education, and advocacy.
- Events: Walk, Run and Ride for Research Annual Liver Walk in the Fall
- Website: www.liverfoundation.org
- American Heart Association
Phone: (610) 940-9669;
625 West Ridge Pike , Suite 100-A, Conshohocken, PA 19048
- Description: Mission to reduce the incidents of cardiovascular disease and strokes.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Interested in partnering with community- and faith-based organizations in and throughout the five counties of the Delaware Valley.
- Website: www.heart.org
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern Pennsylvania
Little Moments. Big Magic.
Phone: toll free: 1-888-412-BIGS
Offices in: Center City, Chester County, Upper Darby, Northeast, North Central, Northwest, West Philadelphia, South Philadelphia, Chester
- Description: Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern Pennsylvania proudly serves Chester, Delaware and Philadelphia counties. Big Brothers Big Sisters is the nation's oldest, largest and most effective youth mentoring organization, matching at-risk youth in a one-to-one relationship with a caring adult mentor since 1904. Our volunteers serve as friends, mentors and role models, helping children gain greater self-confidence. Bigs encourage Littles to realize their potential and see themselves as having happy and successful futures.
The mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern Pennsylvania is to make a positive difference in the lives of children and youth, primarily through a professionally-supported One-To-One relationship with a caring volunteer and to assist them in achieving their highest potential as they grow to be confident, competent and caring individuals.
- Website: www.bbbssepa.org
- Camden Children's Garden
- The Camden City Garden Club is a non-profit organization that provides community gardening aid and supplies to area members. The Garden Club has a variety of education/outreach programs including Grow Labs in Camden City schools and our Summer Youth Program which employs Camden teenagers at its visitor destination, the Camden Children's Garden. The Camden Children's Garden is a 4 acre horticultural playground that features themed gardens including storybook gardens, train garden, Dinosaur Garden, a butterfly house, and the new "Plaza de Aibonito, Puerto Rico".
- Programs: Camden Children's Garden, Second Saturday Series of Events, Great Gifts in Ginkgo's Gift Shop
- Location: 3 Riverside Drive, Camden, NJ 08103
- Phone: 1-856-365-TREE(8733)
- Email: email@example.com
- Hours: Open Daily:
- Prices: $5 for adults, $3 for children admission. $1.50 per ride on Carousel or Train
- Website: www.camdenchildrensgarden.org
- Corvette Club of Delaware Valley (CCDV)
- Welcome to the Nations #1 Corvette Club!
- Based in Willow Grove (a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania), the Corvette Club of Delaware Valley is full of over 350 Corvette-owning enthusiasts. Anyone is welcome to join... you don't even need to own a corvette!
- Programs: They hold CARAVANs, dinner meetings, regular lecture meetings and host their annual CAVALCADE OF CORVETTES.
- Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org; or CCDV, PO Box 397, Willow Grove, PA 19090 or their HOTLINE at 215-938-7722.
- Easter Seals Southeastern Pennsylvania
Creating Solutions and Changing Lives
Philadelphia County Division
3975 Conshohocken Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19131
Phone: (215) 879-1000
- Description: Providing the Foundation Necessary for Children and Adults with Disabilities to Gain Greater Independence!
- Programs: Easter Seals of Southeastern Pennsylvania served over 9,000 children and adults with disabilities and their families last year.
- There are divisions in each of Philadelphia Metro area counties. Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery
- Gershman Y
The Gershman Y is the Center for Arts and Culture on the Avenue of the Arts
- 401 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Phone: 215-545-4400 / Fax:215-790-1042
- The Gershman Y, The Center for Arts and Culture on the Avenue of the Arts, is the Center City branch of the Jewish Community Centers of Greater Philadelphia. Home to the internationally known Jewish Film Festival and a host of the Jewish Book Festival, the Y is a lively destination for a diversity of cultural programming, serving Philadelphia’s intellectual and cultural communities for over 75 years. The Gershman Y is a constituent agency of the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia and the United Way of Southeastern PA.
- Services: Programs, classes, film festivals, lunches, brunches, art exhibition and many more
- Website: www.gershmany.org
- G.T.V. Almrausch
Alpine/German/Austrian Club and schuhplattler dancing.
- Based in Philadelphia, the GTV Almrasuch is one of the oldest Schuhplattler Vereine in North America.
- Joining: email@example.com
- Website: www.gtvalmrausch.org
- March of Dimes - Pennsylvania State Chapter Southeast Pennsylvania Division
- 1019 West Ninth Avenue, Suite A, King of Prussia, PA 19406
- Telephone: 610-945-6050
- Fax: 610-945-6060
- Website: www.marchofdimes.com
- Multiple Sclerosis Society - Greater Delaware Valley Chapter
Over the past thirteen years, THE MS WALK for multiple sclerosis has become one of the largest fundraising campaigns of it’s kind in the country.
- MS WALK Headquarters, 1 Reed Street, Suite 200, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Telephone: 1-800- 883-WALK
- Fax: 271-6122
- Website: www.walk4ms.org
- Walks: April & May
- Penn State Alumni Association - Philadelphia Chapter
- Go State!
- Re-organizing with many events for friends and family of Penn State
- Many entertaining and service activities planned for the entire year
- Join the Club! Sign up for their mailing list. www.psu-philadelphia.org
- Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau
- 1515 Market Street, Suite 2020, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Telephone: 215-636-3300
- Fax: 215-636-3327
- Sherwood Park Community Development Corporation
Caring and Sharing
- Description: We provide social services for residents living in low and moderate income housing. Adult and Youth Programs, Life Skills, Budget Counseling, and Home Ownership are our primary focus.
- Location: 800 S. 55th Street, Basement Level, Phila. PA 19050
Phone: 215-732-5823, email: SherwoodParkCDCo@aol.com
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Products or Services: Social Services, Business Development, Computer Literacy
- Prices: vary
- The Susan G. Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure
Philadelphia Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, The Sheridan Building, 125 South 9th Street, Suite 202, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Description: Fundraiser for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, held on Mother's Day every year.
- 4 Paws For A Cure: Philly Paws Walk
- 4 Paws For A Cure: Philly Paws Walk is a dog walk that was created to help raise money for the National Childhood Cancer Foundation (NCCF) while raising consciousness about this deadly disease. To walk, volunteer, or make a donation, please visit www.pawswalk.org.
- South Philadelphia Young Republicans
- The mission of the South Philadelphia Young Republicans is:
- Email: webspyr@SouthPhillyYR.com
- Website: www.southphillyyr.com
- Sunoco Welcome America!
Phone: (800)770-5883, (215)636-1666
- Welcome America, Inc., is the 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that produces Philadelphia's Fourth of July celebration. Created in 1993 to open the Pennsylvania Convention Center, the organization now promotes tourism throughout the region, civic pride, patriotism, and generates positive attention for Philadelphia around the world. All events are free thanks to the generosity of over 170 sponsors and partners.
- Taller Puertorriqueño
Puerto Rican artistic and cultural traditions.
- Education Building (includes the Roberto P. Hernández Theater): 2557-59 Nth 5ht St., Philadelphia, PA 19133
Phone (215) 423-6320 - Fax (215) 423-6248
- Gallery/Bookstore Building: 2721 Nth 5th St. , Philadelphia, PA 19133
Phone (215) 426-3311 - Fax (215) 426-5682
- Our mission is to preserve, develop and promote Puerto Rican artistic and cultural traditions, as well as to promote a better understanding of other Latin American cultures and our common heritage. Taller Puertorriqueño translates to Puerto Rican Workshop. Taller was established in 1974 by Latino artists and activists in the North Kensington area of Philadelphia. They created a community based graphic arts workshop to provide cultural training alternatives to local youth. Throughout its history, our Workshop has been a vital resource to the barrio and to the region. It is now nationally recognized as a model organization that uses the arts as a vehicle for social change.
- Website: www.tallerpr.org
- The Voice Foundation:
- The Voice Foundation seeks to protect and enhance the gift of vocal communication through research, sponsoring an international symposium , publishing and distributing professional and scientific information,and awarding research grants and fellowships.
- Location: 1721 Pine Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Phone: (215) 735-7999, Fax: (215) 735-9293
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm.
- Services: Provide referrals for professional voice care. Sell videotapes. Price Ranges: Membership ranges from $50-$5,000
- Website: www.voicefoundation.org
- The Center for Lesbian and Gay Civil Rights:
- The Center for Lesbian and Gay Civil Rights is dedicated full-time to advocating equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals through direct legal services, education, and policy reform.
- Location: 1211 Chestnut Street, Suite 605, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Phone: 215-731-1447, Fax: 215-731-1544
- Email: email@example.com
- Hours: Center offices are staffed Monday through Friday 10 to 6 pm. Callers can always leave a message on the legal clinic hotline.
- Services: Telephone couseling on legal issues through a student-run legal clinic, direct legal services to individuals facing discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity, and educational forums for community members and practicing attorneys.
- Website: www.center4civilrights.org
- World Affairs Council of Philadelphia
1 South Broad Street, Level 2M, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Phone 215-561-4700 ; Fax 215-561-5661
- Description: The World Affairs Council of Philadelphia is a private, non-profit,
non-partisan educational organization dedicated to creating a more informed citizenry on
matters of national and international significance.
- Youth Service, Inc. - Sunnycrest
3828 Spring Garden Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Phone (215) 387-2050; Fax (215) 387-3664
- Description: Youth Service, Inc.- the Sunnycrest program is a child abuse prevention program. Sunnycrest offers families with children between the ages of 0-5 years of age with; parenting classes, children's group, case management, motivational speakers, planned family trips, etc.
- Phone: 215-731-1447, Fax: 215-731-1544
- Hours: Mondays thru Fridays, except holidays 9 am-5 pm.
- Website: www.ysiphila.org