Theater & Performing Arts
Avenue of the Arts, Inc.
The Kimmel Center For The Performing Arts
Old City Arts Association
Philadelphia Young Playwrights
Creative Collective Arts Center
The City of Philadelphia Established
The Avenue of the Arts
Covering 4.1 miles of Broard Street
North from Lehigh Avenue (Temple University),
South to Washington Avenue.
Quick List of Events and ClassesCurrent exhibits and events are listed first, followed by upcoming exhibits and events according to their opening date.
- Art Displays
- Gershman Y
- Through April 15, 2004.
- First Friday - Old City Art Gallery Open House
- Old City Arts Association
- The first Friday of every month, rain or shine, year-round.
- Hours: 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- First Friday is a unique cultural event in Philadelphia and one of the citys most popular evening escapes. Held the first Friday of each month, rain or shine, this arts communitys "open house" brings together city dwellers and suburbanites, contemporary arts and antique collectors, aficionados of classical and contemporary design, and theater and performance buffs.
- The welcoming informality of First Friday, with member organizations and galleries of the Old City Arts Association hosting receptions and exhibition openings, attracts crowds of casual browsers as well as buyers. All galleries are open to the public.
- First Friday is always a festive event as Old Citys quaint streets are filled with people strolling about. The many area restaurants offer a wide variety of eating experiences from simple meals to elegant, fine dining.
- ...parking regulations in Old City are suspended...
- Join hundreds of people along 2nd street between Market and Arch Streets
- Avenue of the Arts, Inc.
- THE KIMMEL CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
- 260 South Broad Street on the Avenue of the Arts, Suite 901, Philadelphia, PA 19102
phone: 215-790-5800, tickets 215-893-1999, fax 215-790-5801
- See PhiladelphiaLiving's concert schedules
- Gershman Y
The Gershman Y is the Center for Arts and Culture on the Avenue of the Arts
- 401 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Phone: 215.446.3027 / Fax:215-790-1042
- The Gershman Y, The Center for Arts and Culture on the Avenue of the Arts, is the Center City branch of the Jewish Community Centers of Greater Philadelphia. Home to the internationally known Jewish Film Festival and a host of the Jewish Book Festival, the Y is a lively destination for a diversity of cultural programming, serving Philadelphia’s intellectual and cultural communities for over 75 years. The Gershman Y is a constituent agency of the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia and the United Way of Southeastern PA.
- Services: Programs, classes, film festivals, lunches, brunches, art exhibition and many more
- Website: www.gershmany.org
- Old City Arts Association
- More than 50 Galleries, Museums, Theatres, Shops and Restaurants in the heart of Philadelphia’s historic district.
Phone: 800-555-5191, 215-625-9200
- The Old City Arts Association is a volunteer organization supported by its members and sponsors, dedicated to developing Old City as a vital meeting place for arts and culture in Philadelphia. The Old City Cultural District is an easy walk from the new Pennsylvania Convention Center & downtown hotels (about 10 minutes). The District is small enough to be seen during a brief walking tour but interesting enough to spend an entire day exploring all its many cultural and architectural gems.
- Services: First Friday, Old City Arts Sundays, Philadelphia Fringe Festival
- Website: www.oldcityarts.org
- Philadelphia Young Playwrights
Educating for Life
- Philadelphia Young Playwrights is a nonprofit arts education organization teaching literacy and creative expression through playwriting to students in grades K-12.
- Address: 7 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Second Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Phone: 215-665-9226, Fax: 215-665-9228, Email: email@example.com
- Hours: 9-5
- Playwriting programs for schools, seasonal productions for all audiences.
- Price Ranges: Tickets range from $3 - $15.
- Creative Collective Arts Center, Inc.
Creating Arts Together!
- This organization has a unique mission of promoting and developing local artists from former Soviet Union and helping them to showcase their talents in the new world
- Address: 110 W.Byberry Road, Unit o-10, Philadelphia, PA, 19116
- Phone: 215-243-8256, Fax: 215-243-8256, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org